Iconic Culture Limited (ICONIC CULTURE., we, us or our) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will provide you information about how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how we collect and process your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website, when you contact us, when you purchase our products, or where we are providing you with a product or service.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your personal data. This privacy notice supplements those other notices and is not intended to override them.
For the purpose of data protection laws in the UK, Iconic Culture Limited is the data controller and is therefore responsible for your personal data.
What data do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Contact details (Name, Email, Contact Number, Home/Billing address)
- Account information, password and log in details.
- Technical data which includes website behaviour and your geographical location (IP address, navigation through webpages, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit and page visits/views)
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us
- Transaction data which includes any details surrounding payments when purchasing from us
- Information for Marketing purposes when subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- Any other information that you choose to send to us
What do we do with your data?
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- Enable your use of the services available on the website
- Send you goods purchased via the website
- Email statements and invoices to you and collect payments from you
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
- Keep the website secure and prevent fraud
- Send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by the medium you have opted in for
Personal data does not include data where your identity has been removed or which not associated with or linked to your personal data (anonymous data).
We may also collect, use and share Aggregated Data with third parties which we then use to produce statistics about our customers. This helps us to select and tailor products, services or special discounts to you and to inform you about those which we think you will be interested to hear about – This information will not be used to identify any individual user.
Please note that where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with products or services that you request). In this case, we may have to cancel a service you have requested but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Sharing Your Data
We will not without your consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Third party service providers processing personal data on Iconic Culture’s behalf, for example to process credit cards and payments (Stripe & Paypal), shipping and deliveries (Royal Mail), manage and service our data, distribute emails, research and analysis, manage brand and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features.
Iconic Culture will periodically audit the use of data by any third parties to which it shares your information
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
(1) Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Bag” and “Add to Wishlist”.
(2) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
(3) Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping on Iconic Culture, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language, currency or products recently viewed), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
(4) Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
Your personal data will not be disclosed to any individuals or entities apart from the following instances:
- When we need to hire other companies to help us to serve you better such as courier companies and mailing houses and payment providers such as PayPal and Stripe.
- When we are under a legal duty to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation
- In order to protect the rights, property or safety of our business, our employees and workers, customers, suppliers and others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
- If for any reason all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data that we hold about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
All third parties that process personal data on our behalf are expected to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Some of our external third parties, such as courier companies may be based outside the European Economic Area (particularly where you are seeking delivery of our products to an address outside the EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area, however we will only transfer data to countries that have deemed to have an adequate level of protection for personal data.
Any personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
Security of your personal information
We will take technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet, therefore any data transmitted to our website is at your own risk. Once we receive your personal data, we store this securely on our servers which are firewall protected. Furthermore, all electronic transactions you make or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Finally, you are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
As it is your personal data we hold, you have various rights to request the following:
- The right to gain access to your personal data
- The correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate, which you could update yourself via ‘My Account’
- The deletion of your personal data
- The right to be informed how your personal information is being used
- The right to stop direct marketing messages by opting out or sending us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note: We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as you are our customer. We’ll only hold on to your information for as long as you are a customer. If you haven’t logged onto our website for three years we will delete your information from our systems. If you no longer wish to be a customer, you can also contact us and request to delete all the information we have on you.
The length of time we retain this data is dependent on various factors such as nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data and of course if your account has been inactive for a long period of time. Should this be the case, then we would close your account and erase any personal data we hold.
OTHER WEBSITES AND LINKS
Our website may contain links to other websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control third party websites and are not responsible for their privacy notices or for the content, accuracy or opinions express in such websites.
If you decide to leave this website and access these third party websites, plug-ins and/or applications you do so at your own risk. We encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This version was last updated on 14 June 2018
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Our full contact details are:
Iconic Culture Limited
46 Boston Road
Telephone: 0116 319 6502
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.